AiSLC Animation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animation Club T-shirts

4 posters

Go down

Animation Club T-shirts Empty Animation Club T-shirts

Post by Dugernugget Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:02 am

On Wednesday we very briefly talked about shirt designed for the club. It was said that we are going to include a green screen/block in support of the special effects protest. I have concerns about this. First and foremost I would like to say that I support the protest. I believe it to be justified. However, I don't think we as the animation club at the art institute should have it be a part of the T-Shirts.

You never see entities support these kind of activities. (IE: Disney, Dreamworks, or even gaming companies) I think AI should be the same. Not to mention that the dean and other leaders of the school might not appreciate it. It has the potential of putting a negative stigma on the name. But they can't do anything if we are a bunch of protesting individuals that happen to also be a part of the club.

Most importantly we need to think about how we want to be remembered as a club. Do we want people to look at the shirt and think "what a fun shirt design? They must be a fun group of people to have a shirt like that." Or do we want them to think about us as a radical bunch that only cares about protesting. (the second is a bit of an extreme but the point still stands.)

And lastly, lets face it. I am not going to want to keep a shirt that has a green block on it.

I hope I haven't stepped on any toes with this post. I am currently brainstorming ideas for the shirts and I will show them as I get the time to get them on paper.
Dugernugget
Dugernugget
Side Kick

Back to top Go down

Animation Club T-shirts Empty Re: Animation Club T-shirts

Post by WafflezNFries Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:53 pm

I completely agree. I thought it was a great idea at the time because what happened with "The Life of Pi" was terrible and it affects all of us as artists.

But I do see that since this is a club and the T-shirts should define what the club is about and not a protest to something outside the club, we should do different designs than the green screen idea.

Thank you Doug for posting your concerns.
WafflezNFries
WafflezNFries
Keep'n it reel

http://bobbihobbs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudi Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:55 pm

i also think since this forum is new and ppl might not see this post u should post ur concerns on facebook page
Sudi
Sudi
Keep'n it reel

http://sudirou.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ccchesley Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:19 pm

I think it's fair to say that we can scrap the idea. Thank you so much for your concerns. I would still love to have club shirts. I think we do need to promote ourselves in a positive light and would be totally happy if we went back to our original theme of "Where animators belong".
ccchesley
ccchesley
Killin It!

http://ccchesley.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dugernugget Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 pm

I agree. T-shirt competition should still be on.
Dugernugget
Dugernugget
Side Kick

Back to top Go down

Post by ccchesley Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Fantastic. We can inform everyone this wednesday. In the meantime I'll spread the word via FB and if you want to start some idea before the next meeting
that would be awesome!!!
ccchesley
ccchesley
Killin It!

http://ccchesley.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down