AiSLC Animation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Asylum

3 posters

Go down

The Asylum Empty The Asylum

Post by NissasPumpkin Tue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm

My final for BG & Layout. Story here is an old creepy asylum at night. Thus far just my main building which is also the focal point has been done. I would like some feedback thus far if you please.

The Asylum Asylum10

This is the image again but with the trees I'll have in the forground... which aren't done.
The Asylum Asylum11
NissasPumpkin
NissasPumpkin
AquaMan

Back to top Go down

The Asylum Empty Re: The Asylum

Post by SamCombs Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm

I like the structure so far. Going to just give some suggestions for while you're working on it: don't be afraid to go overboard with the sky/background. Different times of night during whatever conditions can make for some really awesome colors. Purples, blues, even reds if you want to make it sunset. It will also give you a lot of control over the composition. A common mistake I see is people settling for varying dark shadows with a black or dark blue sky. Don't do just black. Look up reference for skies. They're not hard to throw together, and they will make stuff look AMAZING.

You probably already knew that, but yeah. Words and stuff.
SamCombs
SamCombs
Intern

Back to top Go down

Post by NissasPumpkin Wed May 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Here is the update from today.
The Asylum Asylum12
NissasPumpkin
NissasPumpkin
AquaMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jonbaldi Thu May 16, 2013 11:44 am

I like the structure of the building, it's precise and easy to understand what your going for. Aside it from being a little too dark to see much, I do kind of think the whites stand out a little to much, it kind of strikes me as a ginger bread house, the contrast stands too high. Now that you have this much, It may be possible to make parts look broken and run down if your going for haunted (also if you have time), maybe some graves to really push the idea it's old. Also, maybe adding in a metal fence and old weather vane/lighting rod on top of the building. To me, some rusted metal adds to unpleasant vibes. (but that may be just me)
jonbaldi
jonbaldi
AquaMan

http://jonbaldi.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NissasPumpkin Wed May 22, 2013 4:58 pm

The Asylum Asylum13

Played around a little bit with a different lighting look (for lack of better term). I've though about doing vines but I'm not sure how well they would be seen, thoughts on that?
NissasPumpkin
NissasPumpkin
AquaMan

Back to top Go down

Post by NissasPumpkin Wed May 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Just an update, for those who are interested. >.>

The Asylum Asylum14
NissasPumpkin
NissasPumpkin
AquaMan

Back to top Go down