AiSLC Animation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of these things aren't like the others (deleting errors)

2 posters

Go down

One of these things aren't like the others (deleting errors) Empty One of these things aren't like the others (deleting errors)

Post by chickmagnet Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:42 pm

I was looking at my model smoothed out(by pressing 3) and I noticed a part of it turned all crazy. I then checked out that same part in "Vertex Face" mode to look for my problem. I ended up finding it, but while in that mode all i can do is select the two verts at each end of the edges that don't belong. they don't delete when I press delete. What can i do to get rid of these edges that don't belong?
chickmagnet
chickmagnet
Keep'n it reel

Back to top Go down

One of these things aren't like the others (deleting errors) Empty Re: One of these things aren't like the others (deleting errors)

Post by ccchesley Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 pm

could you screen cap what you're talking about? It's kind of hard to know what you mean.
ccchesley
ccchesley
Killin It!

http://ccchesley.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

One of these things aren't like the others (deleting errors) Empty Re: One of these things aren't like the others (deleting errors)

Post by chickmagnet Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 pm

I ended up figuring it out by deleting that part face by face.
Eventually I got it down to what I though was just edges of a polygon. come to find out, it was as if two opposing edges of a cube had been squished together to look like one.

It's complicated to explain, but basically I had to destroy the tail end of my airplane in order to properly select my problem and delete it.
chickmagnet
chickmagnet
Keep'n it reel

Back to top Go down

Post by ccchesley Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 pm

=) glad to see you got it figured out.
ccchesley
ccchesley
Killin It!

http://ccchesley.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum